Wednesday 1 May 2019

Avengers... Assemble

Tony Stark : This thing on?...Hey Miss Potts. If you find this recording don't feel bad about this. Part of the journey is the end. Just for the record, being adrift through space with zero promise of rescue is more fun than it sounds. Food and water ran out 4 days ago. Oxygen with run out tomorrow morning. That'll be it. When I drift off, I will dream about you. It's always you.



Over the weekend, my Boys and I went to catch the Avengers : Endgame. I had stayed away from spoilers on the Net and from any friends' discussions on the movie, as I wanted to savour the experience in the purest possible manner. The built-up after so many different movies on developing the characters and storylines, had been gnawing at me and I couldn't wait for the day to come for our turn to savour the story.


Our attires were largely Red & Blue- in honour of Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Captain Marvel.

I had thought of wearing the Rolex Daytona Diamond to the movie, as the diamonds were to represent the Infinity Stones that powered Thano's and Iron Man's gauntlets; but my elder boy stopped me at the doorstep.





"Daddy, I think you should wear the Captain America watch to Endgame."

"Remember how you were rushing to get the parts to build the Captain America watch in time for today's movie?"

I was amazed that he had a keen eye for these details. I had called my watchsmith on the watch  a couple of times, and it would seemed as though he was keeping tabs on the process. So I changed the watch from Daytona Diamond to Captain America; and off we went to the movies.


The cinema was packed to the brink. We were way early, and queued up in the 1st -3rd spots! The 4th and 5th chaps were chatting behind us, and the 5th chap was evidently watching the movie for the 2nd time and was trying to give the movie away. The 4th chap kept repeating, "No spoilers, no spoilers please!" but the 5th chap was trying his very best to be an arse.

Since we could hear him too and he kept threatening to tell the ending of the movie, I found my anger rising and turned around to confront him.

"Look, we are all queueing for the Endgame and we want to watch the movies without having spoilers. So please just keep the ending to yourself and stop revealing spoilers here!"


He kept quiet but some 5 mins later, he was trying to reveal spoilers again. I turned around again and asked him quietly if he knew about what happened to the guy in Hong Kong, whom couldn't stop himself from revealing spoilers about the movie at the cinema. He must have read the same news too, for that got him to change the topic for the next 20 mins when we were still waiting in line. 





This Captain America build has really got the Avengers spirit. It literally had no fear going into a lume combat with the MM300 and MM1000; and it actually held its ground too.

Natasha Romanoff : This is gonna work, Steve. 
Steve Rogers : I know it is. 'Cause I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't.







The movie was well-worth the 3 hours that we spent in there. I know that I'll be buying another round of tickets to catch Endgame another time.

Just before the movies, I received a few offers towards this Captain America watch. If I had to fathom a guess, I would think that the intended buyers wanted to wear this piece to catch the Endgame too. It was just such a befitting tribute. In fact, I received quite a few positive comments about the watch while I was queueing up for pop corn from fellow Marvel fans.


After the movie, I changed Captain America from its colour-coded Zulu into the Z22 rubber strap; ready to pass on the piece to the buyer. He was so keen to pick up the watch that he was prepared to drive to my place despite the late hours after the movie. Passing the specially-built timepiece to the collector, kind of felt like Steve Rogers/Captain America passing over his shield to Sam Wilson/Falcon for the next leg of MCU adventure.

And it was soon evident that he was indeed wearing this piece to the Endgame too. He loved it three thousand, so I knew that it had gone to good hands. Part of the journey is the end, and I'll sign off this leg of the adventure with this one-off Captain America watch.


The collector and his wife at the movies. Something about Cap vs Thanos. Can you see it?
Thanks for giving us this wonderful wrap-up, MCU. What a journey, what a story, and what an emotional roller coaster! Love you 3000.


Pepper Potts : Tony, we'll be okay. You can rest now.

1 comment:

  1. Datuk, kau mesti cintakan jam Kapten Amerika ni. Boleh rasa sebak nak lepaskan jam ni dalam tulisan Datuk.

    ReplyDelete