Saturday 12 January 2019

One's Speedy Journey : Apollo 17 45th Anniversary Stainless Steel (Déjà vu)

This blog was definitely going places. Apparently, the earlier articles on the Apollo 17 45th Anniversary was referred to the powers-to-be and I was informed that they could send a NOS piece of the stainless steel from its Swiss warehouse, with a nice serial no. and at retail no more; since I was waxing lyrical about the piece and they would like me to enjoy the full experience of having such a piece in my collection.

Well, yes of course, and I was now waiting for the piece to be shipped from its HQ over to the Malaysian SC.

My son was quite the authority (among his peers, that was) on space matters and I asked for his opinion if this was a piece that he would like for me to pass to him in future.

(NB : The eagle-eyed might recognised him from some Malaysian and SEA adverts. Yup, he's been featured in adverts from baby milk (when he was younger), nutritional products, mobile phones, and housing schemes. In a way, you could say that he's "invested" his earnings in my watches per se.)

The cheeky chap then took the Daytona from the watch winder and did a visual comparison like this :



His answer : I liked both for now. Daytona for its bling, and Speedmaster for its space history. Could you check with me again when I am older?

Attaboy, he's a smart one alright!

1 comment:

  1. Your boy truly is a clever fellow, he answered with such an explicit answer that you can't even deny.

    ReplyDelete