Tuesday 22 January 2019

Singing The Blues


So on my way back, I stopped by an AD in a neighbouring country that had stocked up on 2 pieces of  Batman, to assist our fellow collectors to pick 'em up. Needless to say, there were 2 collectors whom would be very happy to have these pieces in time for CNY. They came over for the Batman the very next morning, and were no longer singing the blues.


There were a couple of blue dial watches that I was pretty keen to get my hands on. For starters, there's the Apollo 17 that was en-route from Switzerland to Malaysia; and I should be able to have this by this week. I had flipped the previous NOS piece, and was eagerly awaiting to check out the LE no. on this piece if it would be one that I would keep or flip on.



In fact, I had already ordered an Omega rubber strap, and a hand-made blue stingray strap with pearls; to match up with this piece.


Then, there was also the Ulysse Nardin Manara editions that were released for 2099. Indeed, these were not just timepieces, but rather wearable art for the well-heeled. I knew that these were worth collecting indeed for the discerning collector.

Beside the above watch straps, there were a no. of premium in-comings so it's interested to wait for their arrival to Malaysia to gauge how well they would pair with my current watches.


Exciting times ahead for sure!

1 comment: