Tuesday 1 April 2014

Sold : Japan-made G-Shock Riseman Wave-Ceptor Tough Solar


Description : This is the Japan-made GW-9200J edition that is quite rare in the market. Besides having barometric, altimeter, temperature, world time, 5 alarms, etc like the Thailand-made GW-9200, the Japan version has wave-ceptor multiband 6 function in which it would automatically synchronous the watch's time in accordance to the local airwave data time (kind of like the Seiko Astron, only Seiko syncs via GPS data) in different parts of the world. The watch has 8 months warranty remaining, IIRC. I bought 2 of these (Japan- and Thailand-model) at the same time but only wear the cheaper and more common Thailand Riseman for outdoor activities. So instead of having to sun the Japan Riseman to re-charge its battery from time to time due to it being kept in the watch cabinet mostly, I have decided to let it go to someone whom may really utilize it.

Dear fellow forummers,

I have earlier placed a WTT advert @ http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,12511.0.html and have just traded off the new Certina timepiece. A couple of other offers have me thinking that I could probably sell off the Riseman Wave-Ceptor at WTS so that I could part-subsidize another forummer's timepiece that I had in mind.

There were queries on why were there such high price discrepancies on Riseman in Mudah and the reason was simply because the Thailand-made Riseman does not have Wave-Ceptor and could be identified from "Full Auto El Light" on front dial and picture of dragon at caseback; as opposed to Japan's "Multi Band 6" on front dial and picture of flying squirrel at caseback.

If you're a fan of the Wave-Ceptor feature, I reckon that getting my piece at RM1,000 instead of RM1,979 new for practically the same thing; with the watch still having warranty for piece of mind, would be a win-win situation for both you and me. Do feel free to PM me for a quick deal. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. You better keep the Riseman Wave-Ceptor as it's increasing hard to get. I got mine in 2013 for RM1,690. Now in Mudah, they are selling new at RM1,980. How many watches do you know appreciate in value? The Thailand ones are selling really cheap at around RM500 though. Shame that the sellers con that these are the Japanese version although it's not written multiband six. But the atomic feature for the real Japan version is so cool. I tried it in US and Germany already.

    ReplyDelete