Tuesday 1 April 2014

Good Trade : Oris Aquis Date @ 31/3/2014

Sometimes when the stars are aligned properly, you may chanced upon pretty good deals. You may not get these occasions as often as you like, but when it happens, it's a bonus that you could be happy and grateful of.

 
Case in point, I had just received my gift in the Certina Swiss DS Podium Chronograph GMT. The watch is plenty new, with the warranty card stamped just only in March. And with the F1 race that just took place in Sepang race circuit, F1 sports fans' emotions were running wild.


Now I like cars but when it comes to watches, I would prefer pieces like my Carrera compared to the DS Podium GMT; although the latter was more closely associated with F1 racing. The DS Podium GMT seems to be the perfect piece for those F1 fans globe-trotting after their favourite teams, with the ability to show 2 time zones and very reliable too with the ETA movement in place.

I had just only posted the Want to Trade advert for the Certina piece, and whom would have expected that a fan whom had purchased a diver watch on a whim at the airport but thereafter preferred a race-related watch, would be in touch for a trade.

Now, if you were to offer me a mechanical watch for my quartz watch, I would have been interested already; but if you were to offer me an Oris Aquis Date diver watch that you deemed to be too heavy for your liking and in its full package form in exchange for a DS Podium GMT that you really liked for your globe-trotting sports; I would be only too happy to oblige.

The trade had some hiccups and I ended up wasting almost 2 hours for the watch enthusiast whom was lost around KL, to arrive. We both checked our wares and found our intended watches to be genuine pieces. The Oris Aquis Date had some scratches here and there but I ain't complaining- those could be easily polished off for about RM200.

The Certina's warranty card was dated by the AD at 10/3/2014, and I was surprised that the Oris' warranty card was dated 31/3/2014. Too much of a coincidence? The watch enthusiast informed me that he had purchased the watch for app 1-2 years but it had been kept in his watch box mainly, as he found it to be too heavy. He preferred quartz pieces. I later checked at Oris' website and confirmed that the serial no. corresponded to a genuine Oris timepiece.


After washing and cleaning the Aquis Date with non-abrasive, anti-bacterial cleaner and toothbrush; then patiently wiping it dry with cloth and cotton buds for hard to reach areas, I re-sized the bracelet myself and voila, got myself wearing a spanking good-looking diver watch this morning.

Attaboy!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good deal you had there! I would have chosen the Oris Diver anyday!

    ReplyDelete