Sunday 6 April 2014

Nato Leather Strap For That Vintage Look

Readers would know that I've always have a liking for Nato straps- having used the 22mm James Bond Jade Green for the Seiko Aviator and 22mm Tudor Ducati for the Seiko Monster. Although a bit pricey at RM65, they really complemented the looks of the watches.


For the vintage pieces in my collection ie Rolex Datejust 1601 and Hamilton Chrono 3828, I have been thinking of getting the 20mm Nato leather straps to add that vintage strap look into the watches. At RM165 per strap, it is a tad expensive but you get the quality that Nato is famous for. Not to mention the cool vintage looks.



So happened that I have barely made the online orders for the said straps, that I found 5 old watches (2 pieces still unused and new) in one of my drawers. These were way from the old days- Casio Edifice, Diesel Time, Padini military-style, Club Naval diver-style and Bum Equipment. All quartz movements and have stopped running. Out of curiosity, I popped in a new battery into one of them and it started ticking. But since I am more inclined to mechanical watches these days, I decided to dispose them at RM20 per piece. The advertisement had barely been placed online when a chap contacted me that he would be coming at 5 pm to pick up all the 5 watches.

Looks like the kind chap has just subsidized my Nato leather straps- nice! Can't wait to pair the straps to the watches and see how the watches would look like then!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete