Saturday 12 April 2014

Poor Quality - Watch Spring Bar Removal Tool from Timezone2u.com



I made an order for a spring bar removal tool from Timezone2u.com so that it would be easier for me to work on changing the straps. I chose the best tool that was in stock ie the RM40 one, and was glad to have that tool to work on changing the Rolex Datejust 1601 to leather strap last night.



But imagine my dismay when the moment I poked in the spring end of the tool to lodge out the spring bar, the spring end broke! What a poor quality of a product that was- totally not worth the RM40 selling price at all!

I later used a toothpick to dislodge the spring bar out. Imagine that a 5-sen toothpick could do the job better than the RM40 watch tool.



I contacted Timezone2u.com for a refund, but was informed that their items were non-returnable nor exchangeable. I was a repeated customer and they told me that they would make an exception and change a same tool for me this time. I am unsure if the next one would be of better quality of just as bad.

That's the risk of buying from online companies sometimes. You just don't know if the quality of the product is as stated or otherwise.

7 comments:

  1. From the picture, the removal bit was definitely defective. You could have scratched the oyster. Did the company apologize to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it scratched the oyster case when it broke. The funny thing was the toothpick removed the pin easily. I think the tool was either faulty (1 piece) or the overall quality was no good. I'd know when I receive the replacement tool- but this time, I'll try it on a cheaper watch.

      Delete
  2. You better refund, or if must retain the credit, exchange for something else. As the tool really looks like a cheap stuff that won't last. Let us know if Timezone2u keeps it customer services' end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They agreed to send me a replacement tool. Am waiting for it.

      Delete
  3. Did Timezone refund or replace the tool for you yet? I want to purchase some items from them but I am putting on hold the purchase as I want to know how is their customer services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They agreed to send me a replacement tool. Am waiting for it.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete