Thursday 31 July 2014

Go for Gold : Steinhart Nav B-UHR 44 Handwinding Bronze


I have yet to have a bronze piece of timepiece in my collection. A quick peek in my watch winder and cases revealed that the timepieces were mainly in titanium, gold, stainless steel, DLC casings; but not bronze. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before I were to add a piece of bronze timepiece into the collection. A bronze piece would tend to form its unique patina over time, so you won't have 2 exact same pieces after some time.


And along came Steinhart. The Nav Bronze came in 44mm and 47mm casing, and I believed that 44mm would be a good size for my wrist. Most of the pilot navigator watches do come in the larger 47mm, but I want to wear a watch, not to have the watch wearing me instead. Hence, 44mm would seem to be a good fit.


I have yet to have the watch with me, but since the good Gunter is looking into my acquisition, I have no doubts that I would receive a good example in the post. You could say that I am a die-hard fan of the nice timepieces from Steinhart.

There were many e-mails that came through from fellow readers asking about the progress on the faulty Ocean Vintage Military, and I am happy to update that Gunter has got in touch with me and is assisting to set things right. I have confidence that the Steinhart customer services would ultimately prevail, or so I am hoping.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to a new Nav Bronze gracing my wrist soon. As I have no access to the new watch at this time, please enjoy the pictures from the Net in the interim period.




2 comments:

  1. You're really a BIG fan of Gunter Steinhart! You make ME want to make orders from their website NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Steinhart timepieces are understated and under-represented here in Malaysia. I'm not getting any fees from them, by the way; but just would like to do my bit to help spread their name around so that more people would be exposed to this brand.

      Delete