Thursday 17 July 2014

MAS MH17 Crashed at Ukraine

A friend from Europe called earlier the night to ask where I was. I was surprised by the urgency in his tone. He informed me that MAS MH17 that plied the Amsterdam-KL route crashed at Ukraine near the Russian border. He was concerned as my FB showed that I had on a few recent occasions travel en-route to Amsterdam. 

I searched the Net and saw no such news, so I thought he got it wrong. Later heard from Astro Awani that a MAS plane ferrying 295 passengers and crew, was shot down at Ukraine. Not much details on the incident as yet- there should be more info vide news come morning.



What a tragedy! Hope there were survivors, however low the odds were... 



And in case my friend comes into this blog, I normally travel the other way round- vide the KLM that travels from Jakarta-KL-Amsterdam. Just during my last trip, the ground crew told me that they lost my baggage and I had a frantic time as I had some important belongings in the baggage. After too much time and with me bugging them in the baggage lost centre, they finally found my baggage unloaded, still on the plane that was to be on the way to Amsterdam after KL. And I thought that travelling vide Biz Class, they would take extra precaution on the Biz Class passengers' checked-in luggages given our higher fares; but that was not to be.

This being a watch blog, I might just add that I purchased a watch on-flight the Jakarta-KL route too. It came with a 2-year warranty... but it stopped ticking last week and the agent office was based in Amsterdam. Oh man...

No comments:

Post a Comment