Wednesday 2 July 2014

Vintage-Looking Watch Without the Vintage Watch Worries - Part 3

Continued from Part 2.

So while the Rolex Milsub 5517 may not be a viable or feasible Grail, there was another watch that pays homage to the Milsub 5517 and remains attainable. Similar to the Tudor Heritage Black Bay, it utilises the ETA 2824-2 (but in elabore form, or mid-range), looks the part of a patina-ed Milsub 5517 but cased in a more modern size of 42mm case. I am, of course, speaking about the Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military.











Look at the above pictures and if you're a vintage watch lover, tell me how you could resist such a piece, especially when your entry cost would be below RM2k. Most reviewers of this model ended up getting a piece for themselves. So, what about yours truly?

Well, you know that I am no watch snob when it comes to Steinhart, and I like the Ocean Forty-Four that I purchased a couple of months back. To me, the brand represents good value for monies and I am interested to get to know the brand better.

So it should be no surprise that... there would be a more in-depth review when I receive my Ocean Vintage Military. When paired with a Nato strap like the original Milsub, I am sure that it would looked great!


Keep your eyes peeled hereabouts!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of your blog. I read about your Ocean Forty-Four and bought the same one. Now you ordered the Ocean Vintage Military, so I am interested to get one too. Please do the review soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you say so, Boss. I am buying one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. am from the states here. there are loads of steinhart reviews from other enthusiasts like you and me. why don't you compile some of them together here? i like reading your style of writing. thank you for the good work.

    ReplyDelete