Monday 21 July 2014

Watch-Flipping : Which One?


Since I wrote of my intention for a catch and release towards the newly-received SevenFriday P3 serial no. 0001 @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2014/07/freshly-landed-from-europe-sevenfriday_7.html, I have been getting quite a few offers as per the following :

1) Cash offers ranging from RM3k - RM5k;

(NB : Theoretically, I should go with the RM5k cash offer but it involves shipping overseas and I am concerned that the watch may be subjected to abuses along the way; so a face-to-face COD deal would be preferred. And what if the watch arrives alright, but the buyer thereafter claims that there was something wrong with it. So a COD is still the best choice, I would opine.)

2) Flipping of watches as per the following :

a) Seiko MarineMaster 300m + my top-up;


b) Ball Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow" (with recent service papers from Ball amounting to RM2.2k) + my top-up ;


c) Ball Hydrocarbon Ceramic + my top-up;


d) Federique Constant LE Chrono + my top-up;


e) Oris Williams F1 direct swap;


e) Tissot Seastar 1000 Chrono direct swap.


If you have been going through my blog, you would realise that I have an affinity towards the Diver genre. From the above choices, I am inclined towards the Seiko MarineMaster 300 (unworn piece, under warranty, good movement) and Ball Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow" (stainless steel bezel- most of the Divers in my collection spot ceramic or aluminium bezels, so this would looked different).

I'm travelling abroad this Wednesday so would like to make a deal these 2 days. The question now is... which one?

4 comments:

  1. Seiko has the GS 8L35 movement. This gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Seiko MM300 about 6 months old. I can trade with you for an extra RM1000 only. But I must warn you that the MM300 is very heavy.                                                                                        

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get the Ball Hydrocarbon Mad Cow. It's limited to 1000 pieces and holds its value well in the pre-owned market.

    ReplyDelete