Sunday 29 March 2015

GST Around The Corner : Shopping-Craze Is On!

Have you seen the crowd at the shopping malls over the weekend? It was almost as though all the goods were free for the taking!

People were just buying stuff like crazy. Being a WIS, naturally I took a look at watch boutiques and people were snapping off the luxury pens and watches like crazy too! Herd-mentality I heeded not, but I took a look at a pair of nice Mont Blanc writing instruments.



I loved the Starwalker series and uses one as my daily business pen. This set shall complement my Starwalker well.

A fellow watch collector informed me that he had over-spent a big chunk of his bonus on new watches over the last 2 weeks in view of the 6% GST from April 1st onwards. His missus was naturally not happy with his trigger-happy ways, and told him to flip off some of the current ones in his collection.


I knew that he had a couple of Submariners and asked if he was interested in flipping off the Submariner Hulk LV or Classic LN that he purchased a couple of years back. I was pretty interested in taking off one of those pieces from his hands if he was gamed for the flip. He told me that it could just be the win-win situation that he was looking for, and promised to revert on the matter.



Now to wait for an answer and to see if I could entice one of 'em Subbies to join my clan. Oh, the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment