Friday 1 January 2016

Being James Bond : An Omega Day

An AD Manager lamented that sales had been really slow, even with pieces that would be grabbed upon immediately upon display in the cases. Case in point was the...

1) Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra James Bond (LE 15,007 pieces)






2) Omega Seamaster 300 James Bond "Spectre" (LE 11,007 pieces)







2 months back, both pieces were selling at the listed price but the AD was willing to go at a slight discount to move things along. My highest discount offered on Omega pieces were 30% (yes, you read that right- and it was for bestsellers like Planet Ocean!), but these were nowhere near the 30%, of course. But still generous given that these were limited edition pieces.

The AD Manager was trying to close the deal and even showed me the nice safe-like box. I was pretty impressed with the Seamaster 300 "Spectre" box.



And no, I didn't surrender my credit card or cash immediately even with the offer. But it's definitely worth to ponder over. Double-ooh-James Bond editions. Ooh-la-la.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the AD at ***A (they told me that they were taking a risk by offering loyal customers a discount)? 10% plus an additional 5%, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am interested to get either the Spectre or ceramic moonwatch. Will appreciate if you can pm me the contact of your AD and discount given

    ReplyDelete