Sunday 24 January 2016

E-mail from Reader : SBDX014 A Good Buy?


I received an e-mail from a reader in KL whom asked me if I thought that the Seiko SBDX014 was a good buy? His brother was coming back from abroad for CNY and was able to help him procure the said watch for circa RM10k, as pricier Seikos had been going for discounts after Christmas was over.

Well, I must say that I have always have a soft spot for the Seiko MarineMaster Tuna with its 1000m WR, and larger than life watch size. It was big and hefty, and won't wear well under the cuffs. But it was an attractive watch for the weekend wear nonetheless.

I checked at some shops that I had previously checked and the historical prices that I had previously blogged about and could see the following movement :

1) When it was first released circa October 2015, it was selling at USD3,300 :


2) By December 2015, price had reduced by 25%, to USD2,498 :


3) By January 2016, price had reduced by another 5%, to USD2,398 (circa RM10k) :


With more time, I believed that the real street price would further reduce to circa USD2k. But even at the current USD2k+ or RM10k, it would still be worthwhile if the reader derives pleasure from that piece. To wait or not to wait, that was for the reader to consider for himself really.

In fact, looking at the decreasing pricing, I contacted a grey seller whom had assisted me to flip a no. of my watches successfully, if they could consider bringing in the Seiko Turtle and Seiko Tuna MarineMaster at prices lower than the MYR RRP; and they were opened to the idea if there was demand from fellow readers. So it looked like we could get even more competitive pricing in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment