Friday 1 January 2016

Hamilton Pan-Europ Auto Chrono


I have previously some months back informed an AD that I frequent, that I was looking for the Hamilton Pan-Europ Chrono. I received a call that they have a unit and asked if I would like to take it up. I quickly made my way to the AD with gusto and here it was...




A beautiful piece and truly worth its price. I loved these type of vintage designs in a more modern-sized 45mm case. What a beauty! I would deemed this as a piece rivalling the Tudor Heritage Chrono in presence and style, but at a fraction of its cost.




However, there was a problem with the chrono as it would not reset to its pole position. After trying for a few times himself, even the AD Manager conceded that it was a defective piece and they would have to send back to the manufacturer.

Oh well... that was why you must be careful to test the pieces upon pick-up at ADs. Partly why I mentioned before, that a well-maintained pre-owned could be better than a new piece even.

No comments:

Post a Comment