Friday 1 January 2016

The Very Versatile Tudor Pelagos Ti5


I saw the above post, which asked about how hard it was to change the straps on Tudor Pelagos Ti5. Well, for a watch that came with options in the box direct from manufacturer i.e.

1) Tudor titanium bracelet with spring-loaded diver expansion mechanism;
2) Tudor rubber bracelet with titanium buckle; and
3) Tudor extension strap with titanium buckle

you could guessed that it was not going to be too hard for the strap changes. After all, the manufacturer had already included the optional straps for the owner to play with, in accordance to his or her mood. or preferences.


This was the rear of the Pelagos, where you could see that there were sufficient areas to easily manoeuvre your tool kit to disengage the spring tool bars.


After a few rounds of practise, changing the strap should be like a walk in the park. I definitely find changing the strap for the Pelagos easier compared to a lot of other watches that I had owned; although any watches with lug holes in the sides would definitely make life much easier.




The standard rubber strap is very comfortable, so I would deemed it as a good match to the watch. However, if you want to add some colours, you could look at Isofrane or other rubber straps; and voila, you would have a dash of colours on an otherwise very toolish watch.



There was also a Tudor Nato strap, which was part of the package for the Heritage series. If you could get a set of those, it would be a good match on the Tudor Nato too.



All in all, I dare say that the Tudor Pelagos was a pretty versatile watch with lots of strap options. For  those on the fence with regards to this modern classic, I would say, "Go on, you may just fall in love with this great piece!"

5 comments:

  1. Posting from an AD in KL - I took your poison and went hunting at a few ADs for the Tudor Pelagos. But it's all SOLD OUT over Christmas, they said. I am on the waiting list now, and NO DISCOUNT, they said. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, if you want to let yours go, I can take it up if condition is as good as your pictures, I would offer you RM11500. You could go buy another watch and I could test-drive the Pelagos and save some good money there.

      Delete
  2. I heard from my Singaporean authorised dealer that our sale here was affected because watches in Johore Bahru was relatively cheaper as your MYR was so cheap now. Will try to score a Tudor Pelagos there today. Any shop recommendation, Andy?

    ReplyDelete