Saturday 18 February 2017

In-Coming Parcels

Readers would know that I have been out travelling since last Sunday, and I checked on the status of a few in-coming parcels (Malaysia, Singapore, and Poland) and found that some had arrived while some were still in transit. Some were watches and others were parts for modifications / upgrades. We shall soon know in due course.





One of these parcels above contained double-domed sapphire made from Switzerland crystals, which obviously cost a pretty penny compared to the normal ones. These were specifically ordered for my Seiko Turtles. In looking for double-domed sapphire crystals, I found many from China and Hong Kong, costing in the region of RM30 onwards. However, I was looking for better ones that would suit the modifications that I had in mind, while not compromising on the 200m WR for the Turtles; so I was prepared to paid a premium for the crystals. In the end, I found the ones that I had envisioned getting, but the seller does not ship to Malaysia due to bad shipping experiences, so I had to pay higher for a workaround method through another watch dealer. But all was good in the subsequent arrangements.

The ones that I had ordered included Green AR for the Emerald Turtle LE, and Blue AR for the PADI Turtle SE. Below was a sample of the look of the AR of the in-coming crystals.


Some may balk at the thought of paying between RM200 - RM250 per crystal, in order to upgrade the mineral crystals currently affixed on the Seiko Turtles; But I think that it's a worthwhile cause. We shall soon see the final results pursuant to the successful modifications.

Eyeing for Blue Lagoon LE next.

No comments:

Post a Comment