Tuesday 2 January 2018

The Edge : The 10 Best Dive Watches



First working day of the new year, and The Edge business paper had a less serious piece on the 10 best dive watches from 2017. You could also read the article here on Bloomberg Online. From the 10 pieces highlighted in the article, the ones that caught my fancy were the following :



Looking into my watch winder on the first day of 2018, I could see that there had been quite a few changes from how my collection stood at the beginning of 2017. I guess that's how it would be with us watch collectors- we are always seeking for newer pieces to try on our wrists. Some of us collectors are termed as hoarders, in a sense that it's always collecting inwards only. Over time, the collection may grow to be so much that some watches don't get any wrist times at all. For myself, I have evolved over the years to a serial flipper, in a sense that I try to keep my collection manageable to a few key pieces that would get proper wrist times; and I would flip some other pieces in order to keep the slots for in-coming pieces.

The magic no. here is 10 pieces, and I am happy to say that I have been keeping the collection closed to mark; give and take a couple of pieces here and there. But yes, I'm getting there.




Enjoy your horology journey for 2018, dear readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment