Wednesday 21 February 2018

"Your Batman Is Over-Priced!"

After my posting earlier this morning, an irate reader sent me an e-mail that my asking price was too high. He had yesterday made an offer of RM39.5k for one of the Batman, which I had declined. He later raised his offer but I had already agreed to sell to the other 2 buyers. So this morning, he sent me the attached attachment that other grey resellers were selling the Batman for RM39.5k and that he could get the Batman at RM2k savings today.


Well, I don't want to comment on others' pricing; and if this Batman floats the irate potential buyer's boat, then I am happy for him indeed. There were some minor differences between my Batman and his Batman though, as per the following :

1) Mine was brand new with all protective stickers intact. His was in pre-owned condition.
2) Mine came with full boxed set. His was just the watch at RM39.5k and additional cost to be paid for the box.
3) Mine came with unnamed warranty card. His came with the previous buyer's name.
4) Mine was with 5 years Rolex manufacturer warranty from 2018. His was a 2014 piece with nil warranty.

If it was up to me, I would have felt that mine was the better buy even with a RM2k premium. My buyers would be getting the full package, and not shortchanged in any way. In any case, it was the irate potential buyer's choice; and if he's happy, I'm happy for him.


NB : The same irate potential buyer later sent another 2 attachments to me as per the following. He stated that the other seller offered different pricing for different years namely RM40.5k for 2016 pre-owned and RM41.5k for 2017 pre-owned. And well, guess what, the buyers still have to pay extra for the boxes. Since the irate potential buyer still does not get my point, I would just simply stop commenting further. Thanks but no thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment