Tuesday 20 February 2018

Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Rhodium Dial


It all started innocently enough as I recommended a fellow reader whom was interested to get a classier-equivalent of the Submariner, to get a Yacht-Master 40 @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/01/i-want-rolex-submariner-only-classier.html. And the more I researched about the said YM40, the more I fell in love with the piece especially the rhodium dial piece.


Like all the other sports pieces in Rolex, this would prove to be an elusive piece in local Rolex ADs, although some of the managers informed me that they could try to source it from their overseas counterparts. Retailing at circa RM45k and armed with a platinum bezel, I knew that this would make a really nice collectable piece in one's collection.

So perhaps it would not come as a big surprise that I managed to track a piece and went all out to secure its availability, such that it would join its fellow siblings in my humble collection.

Since this is CNY after all, I decided to have it out from the safe and post some of its first photos here in my blog. This is truly a handsome piece, and pictures simply do not bring about its real world awesomeness. You have to have it in your hands to truly appreciate it.

Compared to its other more toolish siblings that I have in the Submariner and SD4k, this YM40 piece simply exudes more elegance and class. One could as easily dress it up with tux and bow tie, or dress it down with shirt and jeans. It's way more versatile compared to my Submariner and SD4k, that's for sure.









Truly a handsome piece, and I am debating still if I should de-sticker it and wear it out in the wild; or have it sitting pretty in the safe for future flips. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment