Wednesday 28 February 2018

Good Relations With The AD

These few days, I have had many e-mails coming in from readers, asking how could it be that certain models that were harder to get all over the world, could still be gotten from my side?

The secret to it was... to keep good relations with the ADs. 

How so, you may ask? For instance, the ADs tend to give highly-demanded models and/or discounts to repeated purchasers. So if I was offered a piece that I may not be interested to add into my collection at that particular time, I might still choose to take it up on the offer if I knew that the model was being demanded by other collectors. That way, I could earn brownie points with the AD, and at the same time, not have my monies tied up in a particular piece as I could transfer the piece to another collector. I may not earn any monies from the transaction, but the AD would know that I tend to take up watches from his or her side; so the offers would keep coming in.

Many collectors have previously bought new, pre-owned, and/or vintage pieces from me before; and I normally flip my watches at a good discount compared to the market because my main intention was to requisite those pieces to enjoy them for a while and to share vide this blog to other WIS. So monetary gain was not the main intention of the game. You earn, you spend, sounds about fair, right?








No comments:

Post a Comment