Wednesday 21 February 2018

From Rolex Model No. 116719BLRO To 16710


I am still on CNY annual leave, so I have more time to run through the readers' e-mails compared to the norm. There was a request to assist a reader to get the 116719BLRO, which he had been on waiting list for a while. And while this was a rare piece, I just made a couple of calls to my favourite dealers and I now have a ready piece of 116719BLRO waiting for me to pick up. The reader was amazed at the speed of my connection and was now seriously considering if he was willing to fork out the monies to take over this piece.


Another reader was interested to get into the vintage scene and wanted to get the 16710, which was produced from 1989 to 2007. Another few calls to some fellow collectors and I found 2 pieces in pristine condition as per the following :

Option 1 :
The owner wanted to let go of this Option 1 piece from his collection to consolidate towards more manageable no. And somehow, the 16710's prices had been increasing on an annual basis so it might make sense to consolidate towards newer models that would require less maintenance.

Option 2 :




Option 2 had the original faded bezel, and a new original bezel. Plus the fact that it was newly-serviced in November 2017, it would seemed to be a good bet to go with the 2nd option. I was requested to assist to inspect this piece and hopefully, we could link up this piece to a new collector in due course.

And these were examples of the initial folded warranty paper that used to document the model and serial nos of the 16710.  Most of the vintage pieces would no longer have such documentation as the paper would degrade over time. We definitely have it easier with the current generation of Rolex informative warranty card.




3 comments:

  1. How do I contact you for viewing 16710 Option2? How much? Collector here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a fan of your local watch blog. Hope you could help me to get this 16710 Option2. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for reading my blog here, Lim. The owner of Option2 is overseas at the moment. I would be getting the watch early next month and would notify the interested parties then. Please e-mail your contact no to toyotaharrier240g@gmail.com. Thx.

    ReplyDelete