Thursday 8 February 2018

Community Service #6/2018 : Rolex GMT-Master ii 116710BLNR


I had been roughing it out in the wild for a while; and when I opened my mail back in civilisation, I had a few e-mails from different readers asking if a 116710BLNR pre-owned watch that was being sold at SGD9,800 from the above individual (I have taken the liberty to mask the face as the individual could be utilising a picture off the Net in disguise, so it would not be fair to the actual owner of the... ummm, face) was genuine.

I was also curious so I took a look at the advert that was being referred to.


From the above descriptions, it would appeared that the watch was a steal of a price being under warranty and sparingly worn. That was, until you take a good look at the photos of the watch in the advertisement and that were sent to the intended buyers as per the following :











Yes, it would appeared that the pictures were taken from various watches and not even all from the same model. It was just as well that the seller was not a real Rolex collector so he would not have noticed the obvious tell-tale signs to the rest of us. However, not all of us were able to tell the differences so easily, which would explained towards the queries I received from fellow readers.

One of the interested buyers sent me some print screens of their conversations as per the following :






With luxury watches, you always buy the seller and not just the watch. In this case, the reader informed that he backed off as the seller inadvertently changed his name and identity card no. across different back accounts. While the price might be attractive, I do smell a rat in this sale. If the reader were to be willing to throw caution to the wind to get the watch, my advice would be for him to actually purchase a flight ticket to Singapore, and meet this Mr Peh Wei Kiat aka Mr Eric Lim in person at Rolex Service Centre, to verify the authenticity of the said watch.

Fellow concerned netizens were understandably disgusted at such a scam tactic.



From the above, there were just too many red flags. When in doubt, walk away.

I was later informed that his advert was taken down by the site administrators. However, he quickly had another better offer at another site, peddling both the 116710BLNR and 116610LV for SGD11,000. Would there be any suckers next?


Since so many of you readers were interested in the BLNR, I would put a 2018 piece for sale here @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/02/wts-bnib-rolex-gmt-master-ii-116710blnr.html. We could deal at Rolex Menara Dion and you could be assured that you would get a genuine piece with no worries whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment