Thursday 31 May 2018

Collectible Collection


A collector swung by to pick up a Batman earlier. We got to chatting and before we knew it, an hour plus had gone just like that. This was a situation that I have seen too often ever since I went about to flip watches. As the collector mentioned, with the prices that I was flipping, there's hardly any monies to be made. In fact, the other watches in the market were priced much higher. A grey reseller had also remarked that I should just push all my stocks to him, as and when I get them. He reasoned that he could sell them at much higher prices, giving enough margin to both him and me.

The truth was, I like the interaction with fellow collectors. As we were all a passionate bunch, we tend to forget time, all pun intended, whenever we could drew time together. If I could get the watches on the cheap, I would flip them cheap. If I got them higher, then I would have to flip them higher. So the pricing was largely dependent on the Forex too.

The earlier collector shared with me on his collection above. I must say that it was an impressive collection, and all the choice pieces were suitably added into it from time to time. Since he had no intention to flip any of the pieces, I dare opine that his children would be very thankful to him when they were all grown up and the collection was passed on to their hands. He had a few pieces that he would like to add into the collection, which I would assist to look-out for him.


And then, there were also those collectors from the other side. Recently, I placed an advert with regards to the 2017 and 2018 Submariner Date Ceramic pieces @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2018/05/vesak-day-special-submariner-date.html. A collector wrote in to inquire and was very interested. The watch was already spoken for; but since he was very interested and mentioned that he wanted it to kick-start his collection, I persuaded the initial taker to go for another piece in my collection. 

Once the piece was available and offered to him, he then declined it as though he was merely joking. But then again, after so many years, I have seen a fair bit of jokers like these. That was why I would ask for deposit on reservations. And I tend to blacklist the jokers as I would knew that these people were not real collectors, but perhaps just had too much time on their hands. No point wasting my time on them.

Anyway, I'll be seeing yet another collector later tonight. As this was a repeated collector, I knew that this would be yet another smooth deal. This hobby really has its perks!

No comments:

Post a Comment