Monday 28 May 2018

Rolex Daytona Diamond : Accessories Not Included


I must admit that this safe queen of a Daytona Diamond had been amongst one of my fave pair of watch after it started joining the rest of its siblings in the watch winder case since last month @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/04/safe-queen-rolex-cosmograph-daytona.html, instead of remaining in slumber in the safe. 


And after changing the bracelet to RubberB straps, the Daytona looked more reserved and less flashy, with just enough of a tad of class. I have had many watches going in and out of my collection; but I really liked this Daytona Diamond in its current presentation.


And another accessory that would be coming in shortly, was the German-made sapphire exhibition caseback. Costing circa RM630, I have read that many others have purchased this German-made hardware and it seemed to be highly-regarded for its intended purpose. Since I don't swim with the Daytona anyway, I would be putting this caseback on the Daytona when the it arrives in a week's time; although I would be careful to have it pressure tested and all.


While I know that Rolex timepieces' prices would tend to appreciate over time, I was a bit surprised when a fellow collector shared on the latest pricing for the Daytona Diamond. It seemed that prices for new pieces have further increased from RM76k previously, to RM84k now.

At this rate, this watches do pay better than FD rates, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment