Thursday 17 May 2018

GMT-Master ii Fever : Pepsi vs Batman


So I am overseas again to pick up a couple of Rolex pieces. A piece or two would likely go into the safe for my collection, while another few pieces would go to fellow collectors whom had previously informed me that they would really liked to add these pieces into their collection.

So yeah, while many others go mad thinking about how hard it was to get sports models such as SubDate (LN and LV), GMT-Master ii (LN and BLNR), and Daytona Ceramic; I have consistently been able to get ready stock, thanks to the good working relationship with some fellow ADs whom I have been making consistent purchases from.


However, prices have been going up for these models, due to fluctuations in the exchange rate. From one of the discussion with the grey reseller, I would think that some whom had to go through middle men, might be increasing their prices some time in the near future.

And judging from the post of the collector above whom was invited to view the new Pepsi GMT-Master ii (albeit it's in dummy case set), if the Batman was really going to be discontinued in the near future, it might seemed that there might be another round of price appreciation going forward.


My 2018 BNIB set @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2018/05/wts-rolex-gmt-master-ii-116710blnr-6-may.html was just reserved by a fellow collector at RM43k this afternoon. He was on a survey trip to gauge if he could pick up any good offers in Thailand. My prices have generally been on the lower side and I am just as happy that fellow collectors whom go through me have some margin for upward appreciation very soon after their purchases. After all, this is just a hobby to get to know more like-minded watch collectors, and not really for making profit.

I stil have the following if any of you collectors were interested :

1) 116610LV @ Hulk : https://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2018/05/wts-rolex-submariner-date-116610lv.html
It'd be interesting to have a look at the GMT-Master ii Pepsi when it becomes available (tentatively Q4 of 2018), although the ADs have fore-warned me that the initial premium would likely go through the roof. Oh well, what do we do for our precious watches...

Photo from Net.

Photo from Net.

No comments:

Post a Comment