Tuesday 29 May 2018

Daytona : Ready To Race



I met up with a watch collector this morning and what was supposed to be a 30-min meet-up stretched into a 3-hour camaraderie. He showed me his vintage GMT-Master from 1978, and it was a beauty alright. He gave me the permission to put up some pictures of the watch on my blog, and it would be forthcoming shortly.


Talking about watches, the dialogue strayed into cars and it turned out that we used to drive the same sports car and were in the same car club. We had not met in person but he knew my moniker in the earlier days, and I had moved overseas by the time he became a regular at the club meets.

What a small world it was, right? All the talk about watches and cars had me itching to add a weekend ride to the garage; and I had a model in mind. Not the best weather to go car-hunting today given that it's raining cats and dogs; but well, let's put more thoughts into it.



No comments:

Post a Comment