Friday 18 May 2018

GMT-Master ii Fever : 116710BLNR aka Batman Getting Discontinued?!

While I personally do not think that Rolex would likely discontinue one of their best-selling and demand-higher-than-supply Rolex Batman, many international jewellers have now reported on their  sales sites that the Batman was now a discontinued product and that new stock was no longer available.




"That also means the popular "Batman" black and blue bezel Rolex GMT-Master ii 116710BLNR is now very likely to soon be discontinued..."



Once news like this were out in the market, you could be sure that the local grey resellers would be hiking up the prices of the current stock in order to get a higher premium. A quick check and voila, even a Batman from July 2015 (meaning no more Rolex warranty) was now going for RM43,800!


I still have a couple of 2017 and 2018 Batman fully-stickered pieces in my safe, which were purchased new; so I would likely flip off some of them in the open market. But worry not, as per the norm, I buy vide bundle deals from my regular friendly ADs so any savings I made would be passed on to my fellow readers since this was not a business venture, but merely a hobby for me.

Do note though that I reserved the right to sell such lower-priced pieces to genuine readers from https://andywristwatches.blogspot.com, and not just anyone out there whom made a higher offer.




The above January 2018 Batman from my collection @ RM41,800 was a bargain compared to the prices that the grey resellers were doing at the interim period. So if you were interested, do contact me vide e-mail at toyotaharrier240g@gmail.com, or Facebook profile i.e. Andy D'Blogger at https://www.facebook.com/andy.dblogger.9. Pictures of the said Batman could be viewed at the following links :

1) https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/05/wts-rolex-gmt-master-ii-116710blnr-1-may.html
2) https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/05/from-my-collection-2018-rolex-gmt.html
3) https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/05/2018-rolex-gmt-master-ii-116710blnr.html

My pleasure in this hobby, was in the watch collection and the subsequent writing bit. Readers would likely noticed that I don't even sell my blog space for adverts to make the revenue. As I mentioned, this was not a business per se.

Batman is already a collectible piece; but if it gets discontinued, then there's definitely much room for its further appreciation!

6 comments:

  1. Datuk, how many Batman stock you have now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a watch shop. I can sell for you on consignment.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ken, I have about 10 brand new pieces from 2017-2018; but I have been flipping them easily to other watch collectors at a lower price so may not need your sales services. Thanks for the offer nonetheless.

      Delete
  2. Heard same news from Pav AD when I go take my Date-just2. No more Batman new stock can order. Lucky I got my one last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that this is not true. If it is true, Rolex may release the same watch with the new calibre 3285, perhaps. I got mine in Brunei last year (11-Nov-17 to be exact) at a very reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete