Saturday 5 May 2018

New Submariner Date 116610LN @ RM31.8k?!



I thought that I gave a fair sale offer in my BNIB 116610LN with stickers intact @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2018/05/wts-rolex-submariner-date-116610ln-5-may.html, as quite a few offers came in almost immediately after the advert was placed out. Look carefully at the above picture and you could see that even the case sticker with the barcode was still on the watch, protecting it from the elements. It was essentially a BNIB watch per se.


An interested party kept texting me with offers, which centred around RM28k. I did not really pay heed to it as I have had received much better offers, until he informed me that new ones were selling from grey retailers at circa RM32k! 

This piece was bought new at circa RM40k some 3+ months ago, and the premium was paid partly for the nice serial no of XXX6M6Y6. If what the party mentioned was true, then it would seemed as though I would have to sell at a rather low price then.

Or would I?

A quick Google on some grey retailers' sites and I believed that I had found the ones that he was referring to. It could be a typo on his side, or he remembered wrongly; but the prices that he quoted were reduced by a cool RM10k each. So the 2014 piece was selling at RM35.8k and 2018 piece was at RM41.8k. My price would very much seemed like a bargain in comparison. Perhaps I should adjust it upwards, if it wasn't for another collector whom had spoken for it. He wanted it as a memorable and collectible piece as his daughter's birth date was 6/6/06. Since I have agreed to his earlier offered price albeit lower than market, I would honour it still. A deal's a deal.



So if the collector (and you know whom you are, if you are reading this :) does not swing by tomorrow morning to pick this 116610LN prior to his flight and since there was no deposit placed, I might just re-adjust the pricing thereafter.


No comments:

Post a Comment