Friday 11 May 2018

History In The Making


Now, my watch blog had been free of politics all this while; but this time it's different. This was history in the making, starting from the polling date, to the much delayed electoral counts, then the time and again postponement of the swearing-in ceremony of the PM, etc.

After waiting from AM to PM, and PM to AM, Malaysia finally had an official PM again. Hip hip hooray! Congratulations to our much-loved Tun M for winning the elections, and thank you for taking precious time-out from your retirement for the sake of the country.


Since this was history in the making, and the Istana Negara was but a stone's throw from my humble abode, I decided to be there to witness the birth of the moment when the newly-minted PM, whom was dear to all and sundry born from the 1970s onwards. He had steered Malaysia Inc for the longest of time; and him helming back the ship albeit during such rocky times, could do wonders for our beloved nation.

I was fortunate that I could travel to and fro the palace and home, time and again; after I heard about the postponements from the media. Not so much for the rest of the people whom lived further away. That was why I stocked up on some bread and bottles of mineral water in my car, to be given to those whom had been waiting for so long near the palace. I was touched to see their sincerity in the waiting game- and many had brought their kids to witness the moment too. Truth be told, I couldn't have done enough to assist them then.

My humble SKX009 was there to accompany me during the hours of wait.




And now that the election was safely behind us, let's hope that our beloved nation would prosper to greater heights thereafter; and that both the ruling regime and the opposition parties could place aside their differences and concentrate on the interest of the people above their own, to make this nation great again!

No comments:

Post a Comment