Friday 29 June 2018

BR Chapter Continues : BR03-92 Military Type




Further from the earlier entry, I know that I want to add a BR that was certified Military Type (yes, there were actually specifications to be met in order to be categorised as such); so from the above models, that would pinpoint towards the BR03-92 Military Type. I liked that it had a ceramic black case the was non-scratchable, a green dial (readers would know that the Hulk was my Sub of choice for many years), and would generally be a low-profile and stealth watch.




Retailing at USD3,800 / RM15,200, the MT was not readily-available at just any BR shops. Searching online, I found that the prices tend to go between RM13k - RM14k. I asked around for ready stock and was referred to a fellow collector whom had a newly-purchased piece, with an additional bonus in a nice serial no (again, readers whom had purchased watches from me would know that I tend to buy watches with good serial nos. wherever feasible.) so we agreed to meet up for a chit-chat.

He was a real nice gentleman and showed me the LNIB MT. Seeing it in the flesh (or metal ceramic, to be technically accurate), there was no way that I would be going home empty-handed so I quickly made him an offer that he couldn't refuse. After going to and fro the local BR boutiques to find this elusive MT, I was a happy collector to have netted this piece today.


Below were the specifications of the said piece :


I'm looking forward to reviewing this MT over the longer run and would update further details of my first impression on the said piece hereafter. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures of the piece from the Net.






And in case your playground was at the desert, no worries and you could opt for its sibling-in-arms :


Keep your eyes peeled on the forthcoming review very soon. And here's a shot of the piece during my first wrist shot :

No comments:

Post a Comment