Saturday 16 June 2018

Rolex GMT-Master ii 126710BLRO

It was the Raya holidays at the interim period, and I had earlier made plans for a family vacation to a neighbouring country, where we were looking forward to some fun under the sun, sea, and sand. Vitamin Sea, here we come!


And earlier the day, I received a call from my friendly AD that my reservation towards the 126710BLRO had been met, and that he would be pleased to set the watch aside for my pick-up within the week. If the AD was situated in the same country as my place of vacation, that would have been an easy arrangement but as it was, the flights were to different places altogether. Hmmm...

Given that the 126710BLRO was pretty hot property right now, I supposed that I could still take 2 days off the vacation to fly over and pick up the watch first; and then re-join them at the resort.

However, when I heard that the AD was imposing a premium of almost 2 times the price of the 126710BLRO, I had to do a double-take and re-consider. The retail price of the piece was RM37k, and I was prepared to pay a premium on the piece. 

However, having to pay RM70k towards having this piece seemed to be too much really. I could have purchased both the 116710BLNR and 116710LN at that price.



Looks like I could do better to just concentrate on my vacation and think about this proposition. Or if any readers whom have previously purchased any watches from me were interested to add this 126710BLRO, I would be glad to share with you on the location of my AD and you could fly there to pick up this piece for yourself. I would make the necessary arrangements with the AD accordingly for you to pick up on my behalf.

So, if you have dealt with me before, you would have my WhatsApp contact no. First to contact me gets the first right to take over the watch. God speed, fellow readers...

2 comments:

  1. Selamat Hari Raya, Datuk Andy. Saya dah WA sebentar tadi. GMT ni bagi saya ambil dulu ya. Terima kasih.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat Idul Fitri to you too, Sir! Yes, received your WhatsApp message earlier and have shared with you on the AD name and location. Do show me the watch after your collection, okay? Cheers.

      Delete