Friday 28 December 2018

1978 Golden Tuna Re-issue : My Precious


I guess it should not come as a surprise to see this Kryptonite-glow tonite. I received the 1978 Golden Tuna Re-issue this afternoon, and only had it prepped up after dinner tonite. Just 4 hours of exposure to warm lights in the house, and the MarineMaster LumiBrite was ready to have a party all night long. I really ought to be sleeping now; but hey, it's a Friday night and I just received the Golden Tuna today, so I'm all excited really.




Known by its JDM model no. SBBN040J1 or international model no. S23626J1, the Golden Tuna was a sight to behold. I loved it that Seiko had followed closely to the original design of the 1978 piece, and you could see that its dial was a blast from the past compared to the modern Tuna's reiteration. That gold colour was matt, and I liked it very much in comparison to the polished rose gold of the SBDX016's. The Golden Tuna was limited to 1,978 pieces worldwide.




As per my norm, I changed the Seiko strap for an Isofrane strap. This time, I chose an orange Isofrane to match to the watch. I thought that the results looked quite interesting really.



The full package was rather simple, and looked as per the following :


The more I looked at it, the more attractive it looked to me. In fact, I felt that I had made the right choice to flip off the Yellow Tuna and Rose Gold Tuna, and kept this Golden Tuna and Darth Tuna in my collection. Both of them looked as different as chalk and cheese, despite sharing some of the hardware and software.



I knew that I would have this piece adorning my wrist over Seiko Saturday, so keep your eyes peeled for the real-world review. What a handsome, handsome piece indeed- I'm just simply so smitten by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment