Wednesday 26 December 2018

Seiko Tuna SBBN040 : 1978 Golden Tuna Re-issue

Readers would know that I was on a bit of a Seiko Tuna craze at the moment. The last time  the Seiko craze happened was during the Seiko Turtle Re-issue, whereby I bought so many Turtles in various reiterations and modded some of them like nobody's business.

Then equilibrium was restored and I happily went back to the world of Rolex, Tudor, Omega, and the likes. Until now, it would seemed.

It started with the 2 pieces of Tuna homage with NH35A movements. Then the Darth Tuna SBBN025. Then the Yellow Tuna SBBN027 and Rose Gold Tuna SBDX014. And now, I am considering of I should add on the Golden Tuna Re-issue SBBN040.

This was how the original Golden Tuna 7549 looked like, and a lesser known fact was that it was worn by Roger Moore's James Bond in For Your Eyes Only.




Now that we knew how the original 1978 Golden Tuna looked like, let's take a look at some pictures of the 2018 Golden Tuna Re-issue as per the following :




Both watches might be 40 years apart, but Seiko had followed closely to the initial designs of the 1978 Golden Tuna, with improvements made towards the modern caliber, ceramic shroud, and coating. Since the quartz Tuna would wear better than the automatic Tuna, I must admit that I am very tempted to add this to the newly-acquired Darth Tuna.


Below were some pics of Tunas as lifted from the net, and you could gauge the differences in sizes between the quartz Tuna and automatic Tuna. With both the Darth Tuna and Golden Tuna Re-issue, I figured that I could then flip off the rest of the Tunas in my collection and would be happy with these 2 Emperor Tunas.


No comments:

Post a Comment