Wednesday 26 December 2018

Seiko Spring Drive Tuna SBDB009 : Possibility

I wrote about my Seiko Tuna craze in the earlier entry @ https://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2018/12/seiko-tuna-sbbn040-1978-golden-tuna-re.html, and just a few hours later, I have had 2 offers from fellow collectors towards the catch and release of their Tuna watches. Granted, the behemoth sizes of these pieces could make wearing them a bit of a challenge to the uninitiated.

One of the pieces offered to me was a limited edition piece, and I was still waiting for additional information towards the said Tuna.

Another piece was this Spring Drive Tuna. Truth be told, this was not in my initial list of Tuna to be collected; but at the right price, I could take it under my wing.




Current price for this piece was circa RM10k new, and I was waiting for additional information and the intended price from the collector. If I did add this piece into my collection, I would update further with a review in due course.

Update : Turned out that the Spring Drive Tuna piece was 3.5 years old, and the seller was willing to negotiate from his initial pricing of RM10.9k to RM9.5k, then to RM8k. Since I could get a new piece at circa RM10k and this was not a hot model like that of the Darth Tuna or Golden Tuna Re-issue, I would pass on the deal. So there would be no upcoming review on this piece. Sorry all.





No comments:

Post a Comment