Monday 17 December 2018

Casio G-Shock MTG-G1000 : The Real GPS Wave-Ceptor (End)

This entry would conclude the adventures of the G1000 from the entries @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2018/08/gps-hybrid-wave-ceptor-casio-g-shock.html and http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2018/12/mtg-g1000d-1a-gps-hybrid-wave-ceptor.html. I know that I might not be able to chance upon another G1000 at a bargain since this model had since been discontinued in favour of the more affordable B1000 and S1000, both of which didn't have the GPS wave-captor connectability.






Since this G1000 was a really large watch and pretty heavy too, it has only been resting in the watch case since purchase with hardly any real action. That was a shame as its sibling in the Rangeman had been following me on lots of adventures in many parts of the world. I decided to let it go to a more deserving collector whom would give it real wrist time; and priced at a song, it was no surprise that a collector swung by to pick this up from me the moment I touched down back in KLIA and made it back home.

He was a real nice chap too and this was one of the reasons that I liked this hobby. We collectors simply have a camaraderie amongst ourselves; and while I had initially informed him that it would be a simple 5-minute affair as I was really tired after all the water sports over the last week and the flight back today... our meeting still stretched on for a long while as soon as we started conversing about watches. The fact that he was wearing a Hulk to meet me, had sealed the deal that it would not be a simple 5-minute affair.






Well, here's to a future classic in the G-Shock collectibles and may the watch henceforth gets all the wrist times that it deserved!












1 comment:

  1. Gerald here, Datuk. I want zis watch plz. When could I pick it up? Thz.

    ReplyDelete