Saturday 20 April 2019

Franken Mod : Sexy SOXA Pepsi AKA Captain America Watch (Challenge Completed)


This Sexy Soxa dressed in Pepsi colours, made its debut in the wild for the first time this evening. From your average SKX007-all-look-alike, this Sexy Soxa had seen some nice upgrades as per the following :

- Dagaz Soxa silver sunburst dial,
- Dagaz full handset,
- Seiko NH35a movement,
- Pepsi ceramic crystal,
- OEM crown and caseback.



I brought it out for a swim and it performed marvellously in its elements. Taking a modded piece to the pool would always be a bit of a risk as the gasket could have been compromised in the process. In this case, similar to my other mod works, it passed with flying colours.



In fact, my younger boy called this Franken Mod, the "Captain America watch". Hmmm, looked the part somewhat too :)



Matched with nice, thick, premium Pepsi Zulu imported from Europe, I would opined that this  Franken Mod transformation had brought a more premium and different look towards the common SKX007 classic. While I had a picture in my mind prior to the mod works, it turned out better-looking than what I had expected.



That sunburst dial played with the lights to produce different looks depending on the way the lights reflected on the dial. All in all, I must say that I am pretty satisfied with this Franken Mod. Here's to a nice addition to my collection then!





And being a diver's, the lume was of course an important factor of the mod work; and it had not disappoint in this regard. What a great piece!




Placed next to the SKX007 Planet Ocean, one looked so sombre and serious; while the other looked so sexy and with flair. 2 same models but dressed for different occasions altogether.




Modification-related Blog Entries :

1 comment:

  1. Nice watch to wear to the Avengers movie, Datuk. Loved the colours.

    ReplyDelete